These are the requirements to successfully install and properly run Craft.
Checking Your Server #
Before you install Craft, it’s important that you check that your server will meet the requirements. Review the requirements below or use the Craft Server Check script to quickly check whether you meet the requirements.
Not in charge of the server? Send a link to this page to your server administrator.
Server Requirements #
Craft requires the following:
- PHP 7.0+
- MySQL 5.5+ (with InnoDB) or PostgreSQL 9.5+
- A web server (Apache, Nginx, IIS)
- A minimum of 256MB of memory allocated to PHP
- A minimum of 200MB of free disk space
Required PHP Extensions #
Craft requires the following PHP extensions:
- PDO MySQL Driver or PDO PostgreSQL Driver
- GD or ImageMagick. ImageMagick is preferred.
- Multibyte String
Optional PHP Extensions #
- iconv – Adds support for more character encodings than PHP’s built-in mb_convert_encoding() function, which Craft will take advantage of when converting strings to UTF-8.
- Intl – Adds rich internationalization support.
- DOM - Required for parsing XML feeds as well as
Required Database User Privileges #
The database user you tell Craft to connect with must have the following privileges:
CP Browser Requirements #
Craft’s Control Panel requires a modern browser:
Windows and macOS #
- Chrome 29 or later
- Firefox 28 or later
- Safari 9.0 or later
- Internet Explorer 11 or later
- Microsoft Edge
- iOS: Safari 9.1 or later
- Android: Chrome 4.4 or later
Note: Craft’s Control Panel browser requirements have nothing to do with your actual website. If you’re a glutton for punishment and want your website to look flawless on IE 6, that’s your choice.